I abandoned New Year’s Resolutions years ago. It always seemed as though the focus was on the negative; things I needed to improve about myself. Like, I wasn’t enough.
I’m not sure just when it happened but somewhere on my journey of life, I came to realize I am enough. Not perfect and not without need for improvements. Just, that I love myself. That I improve myself on my terms.
So now I set goals and challenges for myself. Not just my quilting but other areas of my life too. And so, without further ado…
My 2020 Goals
- Eat Healthy. Sure, I could stand to lose a few pounds, but I don’t need to be on a diet. Eating healthy and being healthy is what is truly important.
- Run a Marathon. This one isn’t entirely my goal. I’ve already run the Marine Corp Marathon in Washington DC back in 2010. This goal is for my good friend and running pal, Patty. She wants to run a marathon and I’ve agreed to help her with her training. We’re shooting for September 2020.
- Complete 12 UFOs. I certainly have more than 12 UFOs in my sewing room but rather than beat myself up over the number, I decided to average one per month. Last year I finished about 6 UFOs. I will be blogging about my progress as a guest blogger for Just Wanna Quilt. You can join me and tackle your UFOs by following my progress on Fridays here.
- Continue Daily Blogging. It was a great experience to participate in the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge. I hope that you’ve enjoyed my writings. While I did a few late posts, I’m happy to report that I wrote a post for every day in December. My goal for 2020 is to continue daily writing on my blog.
- Release Six New Patterns. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m starting to write my own patterns. I have all six in various stages of production so I may need to up my game on this goal. Sign-up for my newsletter to be the first to learn when new patterns are released!
Those are my 5 Goals for 2020, what are your plans for making 2020 the best ever?